4.10.2015

Impassioned Spring - A Lipstick Review and Swatches


Mac Impassioned lipstick swatch and review
I call it a "lazy statement" lipstick. After you've done a minimal eye makeup, put Impassioned on and you will have that BOOM instantly. It is a true hot pink, this kind of shade usually scares me off but not this time. Something about it just clicked with me when I saw it.



Mac Impassioned lipstick swatch and review
It has amplified finish, which gives a creamy and rich consistency. It is relatively long lasting, but it does get a bit smudged on the edge at the end of the day if you don't use a lip liner.

I'm no pro in the warm/cold tone business, but I'd say Impassioned has a warm undertone. I am a NC20 with warm undertone and I find this shade complement my skin tone like no other pink. One risk of being warm is that it doesn't really make your teeth white :/ but hey, you can't get everything in one package right? 


The only thing I can complain about is that for some reason, it seems to leave stain on the skin, I had to rub rub rub to get off the colour... But still it leaves some pink patches on my lips no matter how, which annoys me utterly :/ Let me know if it happens to you as well!

Mac Impassioned lipstick swatch and review

Overall I'm happy about it, the shade is so lovely that I can forgive any flaw. Have you tried Impassioned? What is your favourite pink?

xo, Jessie