9.24.2015

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 501 Casual Pink | Review & Swatches

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 501 Casual Pink review swatch
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 501 Casual Pink

There is finally a hint of autumn in Spain, and I think I have already found THE autumn lip colour!  

Giorgio Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Lip Color in 501 Casual Pink (link) has a minimal yet sleek packaging. It retails for €31/ $36, definitely a naughty luxury purchase. I thought 'ouch' when I saw the price tag, despite my enthusiasm for makeup I'm still at a student budget. But later when I tried it on my lips I was totally sold. It Has To Be Mine! 


The consistency is creamy and the finish is velvety semi-matte. Velvety liquid lipstick is such a hot topic recently and I totally understand why! It doesn't feel dry on lips at all, on the contrary it's actually pretty hydrating. It looks like a lip gloss so at the beginning I was a bit worried that it'll be sticky or tacky, it turned out that it's not the case at all (as you can tell from the swatch below). It definitely feels more like a lipstick than a lip gloss. Very comfortable to wear.

Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 501 Casual Pink review swatch
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro 501 Casual Pink swatches

The sales assistant told me that I should use a lip brush to apply because the wand tends to carry too much product. It's true but I find it's totally fine if you just swipe the excess product away at the bottle neck. Of course if you are going for a flawless look and you've got the time, a lip pencil is always safer. As you can see from the swatches, it's very pigmented only with one layer. I usually like to apply a thin layer and blend out a second layer with my finger, so it looks natural and feels comfortable on the lips. 


I got it last week and already it's become my favourite lip product at the moment, it's even safe to say that it's in my all time top 3! I honestly cannot think of any flaw of it. Highly recommended!


What's your current favourite lip product? Please share with me!
xo, Jessie