3.27.2016

My Secret To Natural, Flawless Base


I am all for the light, natural everyday base, I want my skin to be able to breathe throughout the day and I don't mind showing some of my 'flaws'.

Thankfully Lisa Eldridge is also an advocate of lightweight base and I was able to learn several useful tips and tricks from her videos, one of them being pinpoint concealing.  I highly recommend this video from her about natural, flawless skin, it is gold! Pinpoint concealing is to use a lightweight base product all over the face to even out the skin tone , and then pinpoint conceal any pigmentation or redness with a high-coverage concealer.

My selection of products are:

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser  (Alaska)

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer (Med-Light Neutral)

Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector (102 Light Clear)

My first step of base makeup is to apply the Nars radiant tinted moisturiser to the centre of my face - forehead, nose and chin, these are the areas I have uneven skin tones. This tinted moisturiser is probably one of the most popular TM out there and there is a reason to it. It has a light coverage which is just enough to even out the skin tone, at the same time it gives the most natural radiant to the skin. I was tempted to get the newest mate TM by Nars, but after trying both on the face, the decision was made easy.

Next is to conceal. For pinpoint concealing I use a high-coverage concealer for spots that need extra coverage, my recent favourite is the Urban Decay's Naked Skin, it's natural, high-coverage and long lasting. As for underage are, I use a very lightweight color correcting concealer - Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone Corrector. It's like a magic wand, very sheer and natural but somehow makes me look awake instantly.

Finally I would set everything with Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder. You know I'm all about glowy, radiant skin, this setting powder finishes the base makeup with a beautiful touch.

What is your go-to base makeup? :)
xo, Jessie


Code to import my old blog: 7109605948