3.06.2016

Three Face Masks I'm Currently Loving


Today's post is all about face masks- the skincare product I do not consider a must-have for everyone but definitely plays an important role in my skincare routine. I have sensitive skin that gets dehydrated in winter times, so my concern is mainly dehydration and dullness when it comes to skincare. These three masks I'm sharing with you today have been my favourites through the entire autumn and winter, although frankly speaking I think they are suitable for all seasons. 

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque

As you can see from the picture this mask is well-loved. It is the SOS mask I reach for when my skin is calling for help, this mask gets me covered when my skin feels irritated or dehydrated. It contains extracts of cucumber, papaya, chamomile and many other hydrating and calming ingredients. It soothes and nourishes skin like no others therefore it's perfect for dry and irritated skin like mine, for  a very cool treatment it can be stored in the fridge. It is said on the packaging to let the product remain for 10 minutes or it can be used as an overnight mask for an intensive treatment, I often apply a generous amount of product on my face and let it sit for some hours before I take it off and apply my evening skincare routine. It is hands down a true hero product in my collection, I'd be repurchasing it continuously.

Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask

Being one of the most popular face masks in blogosphere, I had quite high expectations when I purchased it, sadly it disappointed me greatly after my first use: it broke me out. I think my sensitive skin should take the blame or it is probably because this mask is too nourishing for me. But I wouldn't let it go - after all it is an expensive purchase. So I decided to use it as a 20-30 minutes treatment mask and it worked like wonder! I like to use it to give my skin an intensive boost when I wake up with dull skin OR to use it as part of the Sunday(or whichever other day) pamper session.

Origins Mega-Bright Dark Spot Correcting Night Mask

This is the newest member in my mask collection. Different to most of other masks that I own, this one does not target dehydration or irritation, it is for correcting dark spots and brighting complexion. I don't have any dark spot (thank god) but I do have uneven skin tones, I use it in combination with the serum from the same range and together it really makes a difference! However I do not use it more than once a week because I do find it a little bit drying just like all the other brightening skincare products, but that won't cause any problem if you follow the masks with nourishing and hydrating day cream.


What is your holy-grail face mask? Please share with me :)
xo, Jessie